Tuesday, August 12, 2008

All day

I was gone ALL day today - most unusual. I went to the studio, as usual. One of the other gallery "founders' came in for lunch and an impromptu meeting. Vicki took us over to look at the new space. It wasn't unlocked, and she doesn't have a key yet, but we could peek in the windows. I think it's going to work out very well. Once it's all cleaned out and the bathroom reworked, all it will need is to have the carpet cleaned and a little bit of paint. She's vowed to be open for the Gallery Hop on 13 September - one way or another! I just hate it that we won't be here - feel like I'm being a deserter - but nothing I can do about that. We're going to "bring" the wine and, of course, some paintings.

We didn't finish until nearly 3. I had a Friends of the Library meeting at 4:30 at the downtown library, so I didn't bother to go home. I took my book into the library and, appropriately, read until time for the meeting. I got home about 6. Fortunately, we had planned for John to grill a steak, so dinner was easy. It was my intention to stay in my chair (except for potty breaks, of course) and watch the Olympics and do computer stuff until bedtime! It was tough, but I managed to do just that.

Congratulations to Michael Phelps on his 10 medals. He is awesome!

No comments: