Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday miscellany

We're leaving in less than a week, so I guess I really have to start thinking about what I'm going to take. I've actually lost enough weight that I'm having to discard some clothes. So I'll have to try things on before I decide what to take. And I really, really, REALLY hate to do that. Oh, well - it'll happen. Then we have to decide what bags to take. Guess if that's all I have to complain about, things can't be too bad.
---------------------------------------------
We're about to get all the stuff out of the old Studio2 location. Vicki and I took another load this morning, and will probably do more over the long weekend. I just hate that I'm not going to be here for the Gallery Hop on 13 September.
--------------------------------------------------
We'll all be watching Gustav over the weekend. How ironic that this storm should be bearing down on Louisiana on the 3rd anniversary of Katrina. We'll be hoping for the best for all those in the storm's path. Today's picture is a map of Gustav's projected path.




------------------------
John McCain has certainly caught the news cycle by choosing as his running mate, a woman and an unknown entity, Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska. I have a couple of observations so far:

1. His choice is definitely a reaction to the events of the Democratic primaries, Barack Obama's candidacy and Hillary Clinton's strong showing. If the Democrats had nominated two white males, there is no way in hell that McCain would've picked a woman.

2. Did anybody hear her introduction statement? This woman cannot pronounce "NUCLEAR"! She sounds just like "W" - nook-yoo-lur . Oh, my God!!!!!

No comments: