Sunday, August 24, 2008

Closing Ceremonies



Today's picture is fireworks over the Bird's Nest Stadium at the closing ceremony of the Olympics.

I sort of skimmed the closing ceremonies, mostly reading, while John watched the men's final basketball game on the computer. I know NBC showed the ballgame live - but that was at 2 a.m.ET this morning. Why on earth couldn't they have shown that game in the hour before the closing ceremonies, instead of the men's final volleyball game. Seems like a weird choice to me - but then, as usual, nobody asked me.

And now we'll have to get back to our normal reruns on TV, and hope for at least one or two decent new programs in the new season. Most of these will start while we're gone, I guess. We will get to see the new Stephen Bochco program Raising the Bar. I do hope that one is worth watching - at least, Bochco has a history of good shows.

Kate and her friends got home okay. They said the workshop was very good, and they got some good roving (fiber strands ready for spinning), and got some good colors on the pieces they dyed. It was fun having them here. She's supposed to be sending me some photos.

No comments: