Saturday, August 30, 2008

Football & fashion

It must be almost fall. Never mind that it was 91 today. College football started today.

Basically the only sport I enjoy watching is basketball, and that in person. But back in the dark ages, I went to highschool and college football games. In Houston, Texas. You may not be old enough to remember, but that meant sweaters and skirts and heels and stockings. And it was HOT. And HUMID! But, what the hell - we were young. And it was just the way things were done.

Today, I loved a suggestion in the AARP newsletter in an article about saving money. Madeline Albright said we should not wear pantyhose - they cost too much money. I can go with that.

John and I made an agreement years ago about "getting dressed up". If he had to wear a coat and tie (weddings, funerals, etc.), I had to wear pantyhose. Well, I reneged on my part of the deal - no more pantyhose for me - ever!

It's amazing the things that college football will bring to mind.

Remember the poodle skirt?


No comments: