Monday, August 25, 2008

Finally, it's raining!

We've been having a wonderful rain - just about all day long. And it's supposed to rain more tomorrow. No wind or storms, just lots of rain - John just checked the gauge and we've had about 1.75" - so far.

I was high at bridge last week. Not quite as good today, but that would've been difficult. I had much more average cards today, but I think I'm in the running for top score for the quarter. We'll see how that goes.

I'll be watching some of the convention - usually just for the prime speech of the day.

I've talked to Betsy tonight. She says that Ken is doing well, but eating mostly liquids. He's having trouble swallowing as a result of the radiation, and his sense of taste is about gone. He's read that it might take as much as a year for that to return. In the meantime, he's lost about 50 pounds, and Betsy says he looks good. He goes back to MDAnderson in a couple of weeks for three days of followup testing, examinations, conferences, and planning.

These two photos are from the fiber dyeing workshop last weekend.


No comments: