Friday, April 29, 2016

Your National Parks


I have spent this past week watching Ken Burns' magnificent series on our National Parks.  It is certainly fitting to replay this series during the 100th Anniversary year of the Park Service.  If you've not seen any of it, borrow the DVD from your library, buy it, watch it on  On Demand - however you can.



I have been moved to tears every night.  We were fortunate to have been able to travel to many, if not most, of these wonderful places.  And there are so many wonderful memories flooding back.  The programs are full of great photography.  And I'm watching and thinking, "I stood in that place." "I've taken that picture."


Our National Parks truly are unique and special parts of our national personality.  Please go see your Parks - they are YOURS.  And you need to know them.

No comments: