Sunday, April 17, 2016

More than planned


It was a beautiful day here.  I decided I really need get off my rear this morning.  So after I finished the laundry, I got in the car and drove over to the Sculpture Fields.  I planned to get some walking done by going to John's tree, and I wanted to see if it had leafed out.  The tree is doing quite well, and the tulip-shaped leaves showed up well against the blue sky (showing why the tree is called a "tulip poplar").  Of course, I was huffing and puffing, but I used a cane, and didn't have any problems. 

Until I got back home.  When I discovered I didn't have my driver's license.  I had put it in my pocket when I walked, so I'd have some ID with me.  Obviously, when I took my phone out of my pocket to take photos, the license came out, too, and fell on the ground.  ARGGGHHH!  What to do?!  Oh, well - I got back in the car and drove back to the Sculpture Fields and walked back to the tree.  Dear John had taken good care of me, and there was my license on the walkway, right in front of the tree.  Sighhhhhhhh.  I guess he wanted me to have more exercise than I'd planned - about twice as much. 

But all is well now.  I posted a couple of picture on Facebook for those of you who are able to see them there.  Now I need to make this more than a one-time thing.

No comments: