Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The worst enemy

Our day got off to an exciting start.

When our alarm went off this morning, I realized that John had moved into the other room. I was going to ask if he was still going to the Y, but in the dark, I didn’t notice the door was closed. Oops! I walked smack into the door, including jamming my foot underneath it. And, managing to almost rip the nail off my big toe. I knew it hurt, but didn’t realize the damage I’d done until I noticed all the blood…all over everywhere. We finally managed to get the bleeding stopped and John got all the mess cleaned up. I was going to go to the walk-in care with the PA at our doc’s office, but today is his day off. I decided to just bandage it and leave it alone and let the nail fall off by itself…which it will. I may decide differently tomorrow. Anyhow, I took a pain pill right away, and it really hasn’t hurt much. As usual, I’m my own worst enemy.

John took me on to painting, and I actually did a little work on a piece. So that was a good thing.
After he picked me up, he took me back to the doctor .  This time, the tech was able to do the stick  without any problems. He had to use a vein in the back of my hand, but again, I hardly felt the needle.

Just another day in Mary's world. 
====================================
Japanese Garden, Bellingrath Gardens

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish your toe would recover soon.
A nice carp picture it is!
You can find carp streamers in the sky on the video of mine at Vimeo.

Unknown said...

Took a walk on a fine day this week to City Park.
Made a short video. Please visit Vimeo and watch it in full screen.

https://vimeo.com/66313731