Monday, May 06, 2013

Monday, - the week begins

The rain’s finally tapering off - after only about 5” this weekend. I feel pretty safe in saying this area is not in a drought situation any more. At least the pollen count is down almost into normal range, so that’s one benefit. We’ll still be having flood warnings for a few more days.

The cards were about the usual this afternoon. I had one huge hand, but didn’t get the bid. I doubled their bid and got lots more points that way. Defense can be fun sometimes.

Lots of different stuff going on this week. I’m going to be picking up my new glasses tomorrow. Wednesday is John’s physical exam, I’m going to a bridal shower luncheon, and the new stove is supposed to be delivered and installed. Thursday, we’re planning to take a day trip to Jamestown, TN, to see Jean, her friend Jamie, and Jamie’s under-construction house. Friday, we’re going to Carol & Stephen’s for pizza.

It’s a busy week coming up, and it’s good to get us out of the house.

=====================================

Hydrangea, Bellingrath Gardens

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Love those hydrangea! My dad used to buy them and plant them; the lavender would fade to blue, and he would pound a couple of nails into the ground. 8)

Enjoy your busy week.