Thursday, May 02, 2013

Miscellany



First things first - I got my massage. Again, Barbara told me my neck and shoulders were in knots. I don’t realized the muscles are that tight until she starts working on them. She really does a good job on them.

I went to finalize buying the stove. I did get the sale Kenmore from Sears. As I’ve said, it a low-middle model, but it has the main things I wanted. It’s due to be delivered next Wednesday.



Our back yard is so busy at this time of years. The birds are going nuts, now that it’s nesting season. Not only are they singing their hearts out, but they’ve really turned up the colors in their plumage. The cardinals are amazingly red; the blue jays are electric; the lowly purple finches are purple all over, not just their heads. But our special visitors, in their fancy suits, arrived today - the rose-breasted grosbeaks. They only stay a couple of days, but the color is spectacular.



This evening, we went to a talk at the Hunter Museum by sculptor, Albert Paley. He did the 1975 fence around the sculpture terrace at the museum, and it’s still a signature piece of the museum. It interesting to see slides of his work and to hear him talk about the process and the pieces.

Of course, we went out to eat afterwards at La Altena - always such great food!

No comments: