Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Busy Tuesday

Lots of stuff going on today, some of it frustrating at times. I had a number of errands to run. I got a small dividend check cashed, then went to the UPS store to ship a box to my niece in CA. There was a line, and the clerk said it’d take a while. I couldn’t take the time to wait, because I was headed for a doctor’s appointment, so I’ll have to do the package tomorrow (I hope).

I got to the rheumatologist, and things are going pretty well in that department. My general aches and pains haven‘t been too bad, but I did have a bit of Reynaud’s in my fingers when I went in. He reminded me that the trick there is to avoid letting my fingers getting cold. Today was supposed to be a blood draw visit, but after three sticks, two techs couldn’t get any blood (even though they found veins). Presumably, I haven’t been drinking enough water. At least they were using the butterfly needles, so I hardly felt a thing. I’ll be in near the office tomorrow for art class, so I’ll drink lots of water today and go back tomorrow afternoon so they can try again.

And then I finished up the morning with my very favorite things - Aldi and WalMart. I finally got home to get some lunch. I had a late appointment to go back to the optometrist to adjust the fitting of my new glasses. One of the nose pads needs repositioning, and I wouldn’t try to do that myself. I couldn’t get into my soft clothes fast enough when I got home from that.

This evening, I had another conversation with Sato. He’s a gentleman in Japan whom I met on Seniors & Friends. He was interested in talking on Skype with some folks in the U.S. I was happy to do that, and we have talked several times. He’s a terrific photographer and videographer. Here’s a link to some of his vimeos. Enjoy.


========================================
Japanese Garden, Bellingrath Gardens
 
 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

It's not Reynaud's, but I have similar problems with my feet. (I have to keep 'em covered at night, even in warm weather.)

For hands, I always wear gloves if it's a little chilly. And I warm my hands regularly on a coffee cup. Works for me.

Hope your foot feels better.

Unknown said...

Mary, thank you for your introduction of my video website Vimeo. Sato