Wednesday, November 02, 2011

To the rheumatologist today.

I went to the rheumatologist this afternoon. The MRI I had a couple of months ago showed only the osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease (as expected). He offered no “magic bullets”, but suggested I do some of the physical therapy exercises at home, at least on the days I don’t go to the pool, and try to lose some more weight. (I have gained back some of the weight I lost last year, so….). I asked about possibly going to a chiropractor or massage therapist or possibly acupuncture. He said some chiropractor/physical therapy and/or some massage therapy might help, but he didn’t recommend acupuncture (didn’t know enough about it). I’m to stay on the same Rx regime that I’ve been on this year (daily NSAID plus muscle relaxants and/or pain meds/acetaminophen as needed). I don’t think I’m having enough trouble to warrant considering an epidural, so we’ll just keep going.

I called this afternoon about my painting - it didn’t sell. So I need to pick it up next week. Oh, well…..
===============================
Royal Palace gardens, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: