Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rainy Wednesday

Anne & Nick left about 9 this morning. It’s such a treat to get to spend some extra time with them. These are the folks I stayed with in Houston last month. Their visit here had already been planned when that situation arose, so I got to spend some extra time with them. We went to the Aquarium, went out to eat, and got in some good talking.

It's been raining pretty much all day. It was a good day to go to painting class today. I now have two finished pieces that I plan to enter in the Tennessee Watercolor show next year. It’s a tough show to get in, so we’ll see how it goes.

It surely does feel good to be in my sweats, in my chair, with my laptop, have leftovers for dinner, and nothing that HAS to be done tomorrow.
========================================
Trying to make art out of man's inhumanity to man. This photo was taken at a school building that had been taken over by the Pol Pot regime in Cambodia in the 1970s. It was used to torture political prisoners before they were taken to be killed.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

So terrible to think of schools -- which should be a good thing -- turned into something horrific for political reasons. (Like NCIS?)