Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Miscellany

We’re having unseasonably warm temperatures this week. So much for my auxiliary “walk-in refrigerator” (i.e., the screened porch). John plugged in the old fridge in the basement, so we do have some extra space.

This morning was the usual routine - got the last of the Thanksgiving shopping done (except for what I probably forgot).

I’ve got a new cleaning lady coming in the morning. This time, I just want her to do the living room, dining room, kitchen, and the bathrooms. She’s got us on her schedule again in mid December, then we’ll re-evaluate.

I had my second visit with the chiropractor today. Her deep massage on my back is just short of pain, but really feels good. At least this evening, I think my back is really feeling better. I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, though. I go back on Wednesday.
=============================================
I’m sure you’ve read about the mass pepper-spraying by the campus police at UCDavis. I only know what they’ve been showing on TV. But my blogging friend, Bev, lives in Davis. Click here to read her take on the weekend events.

Also, my niece, Robin Hill, is a professor of art at UCDavis. On her FB page, she posted that she had taken her beginning sculpture class to the site, and using materials found in the area, constructed a sculpture there. Here’s a photo of their piece.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I have the perfect solution to the "cleaning up for the holidays" angst--cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my mother's, and going to my son's for Christmas!

Mary Z said...

I like your style, Bev!