Friday, November 18, 2011

A new experience

We did have temps in the upper 20s this morning - and a heavy frost. It was a beautiful day, though.

I had my first-ever visit to a chiropractor this morning - actually morning/afternoon. I got there at 11, and left about 1:20. Not too much waiting, mostly exam, talking, explaining x-rays, and treatment. What she had to say about my back makes a lot of sense, and I will go back for a few more visits. We'll see how it goes - I think the phrase is "cautiously optimistic". The deep massage felt good, although I'd've loved to have had more of it. The adjustment part wasn't too painful - she said she didn't want to do too much the first time. She also suggested possible dietary problems, and suggested I try going gluten-free for a while to see if that helps. I don't know about that - "gluten-free" is pretty much the "in" thing right now, so I'm a bit skeptical. I'll do some reading, though, and may give it a test. I know diet can play a big part in a lot of health issues. She did says that I was really very flexible and functional for my age and the amount of arthritis I have. And that the 10+ years of swimming exercises have definitely helped with that.
============================================
Apprentice weaver, Cambodia

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The chiro doesn't "fix" me, but it does feel better. And that's reason enough to keep going. As for gluten-free diets, I tried it. It gave me more energy, but I think it's mostly because I was cutting out the sugar and eating more veggies. I'm glad to hear it was a mostly positive report!