Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Missing Monday

Sorry I didn’t post yesterday. For some reason, blogspot wouldn’t let me “publish”. I hope it lets me in tonight.

After swimming yesterday morning, instead of going to Panera, we went to one of the swimmer's homes. Her husband died yesterday, and we all wanted to get together with her for some consoling and crying. He had MS, and had been in the hospital for several weeks, with various systems shutting down, and being taken care of. I think finally it was all just to much for his body to cope with. She has been such an incredible mate for him all these years, and it's going to be terrible for her to have to cope without him. Of course, we'll all be hovering over her and pampering her.

We came home and I interviewed a woman about cleaning the house. She's going to come next week, and then one week in December. After the first of the year, we'll see about setting up a regular schedule - probably on an every-other-week basis.

Today was busy. After watercolor painting with Vicki, I picked up a couple of books I had reserved at the library (the Susan Gregg Gilmore books); went to Aldi; went to WalMart. I hadn't been to the store in two weeks - plus I was trying to get most of the Thanksgiving shopping done. I didn't get home until 3. I just missed John and Margaret (who were going to Knoxville for the Lady Vols/Miami game), so I had to carry all the groceries in by myself. I had gotten the turkey and the country ham, so there were lots of trips. It took about 45 minutes to get everything in and put away. Then I got into soft clothes, heated some coffee, and crashed into the chair! I've got to check my lists and see what I missed or forgot, so I’ll know what to get on the next trip.

We've had drizzle to moderate rain all day today, but the temperature got up to nearly 70. Strange for November.
===========================
Making friends in Cambodia.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: