Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rain, Rain, and more Rain!

It rained all day long. It was definitely a sweat-suit/chair/read/knit kind of day. I slept 'til 8:30; John got up at 8 (a record for him), and he got back down for a noontime nap.

I put the bones from our two turkeys into the pot to make broth. I'll freeze most of it in quart bags for use all year long, but it's definitely a soup kind of day. The noodle soup was SO good. I've got the rest of the broth strained with the bits of meat put back in. The pot is out on the porch cooling so I can skim the fat off, and then put it in bags to freeze. That part will get done tomorrow.

John’s feeling much better today. He got out to run some errands, and is planning to go to the Y tomorrow.

So far, we’ve had about 3.75” of rain since yesterday afternoon. Sure am glad it wasn’t snow.
======================================
Aren't these puffins wonderful?!

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: