Friday, November 12, 2010

Finally the meeting is over.

I’m really tired tonight. I went to swimming, but cme home early to change clothes and head out to get ready for the meeting. Left the house at 9, and didn’t get home until 9 tonight.

The luncheon/meeting went very well. Our author was such fun - enthusiastic, funny and informative. I’m sorry if I’m repeating this - her name is Kerry Madden. She writes for younger readers and her focus is encouraging youngsters to write their own stories. Her latest book is a biography of Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird was published 50 years ago this year). She was enchanting. And I’m SO glad this is over.

After we finished the clean-up, the executive committee of the council met to work out the budget for next year. We didn’t finish up until after 5. We had our meeting at the treasurer’s office, which is across the street from the arena where our basketball games are played. We had a game tonight at 7, so I just moved across the street and read until 6 when the doors opened. John ate at home, and then came in a bit later. I got a chili dog and diet Coke for my supper. We lost our game to ETSU - we’re playing with no seniors and only 2 juniors, so a very young team.

But I’ve been in the chair since we got home, getting caught up with the morning paper and the computer stuff. I surely am looking forward to the bed.
====================================
I love this flower-filled window in Akureyri.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: