Friday, November 19, 2010

It was Friday all day long

It felt good to get back to swimming this morning. My friend who’s letting me share her studio space is having an arts & crafts sale at her house tomorrow. She’s invited some of her friends to sell, too - including me. There is another painter, some fiber artists, and some jewelry people. It’s from noon to 4, so not too bad. She didn’t put out any public notices, just sent invitations to friends, and of course, the other people told their friends, too. I went over this morning to set up my stuff. It’ll make for a busy day. I’d love to sell some of the pieces - just to get them out of the house, if for no other reason.

Another good concert at the symphony tonight, with the first guest conductor of the season. It’ll be interesting to see who they choose. We had five last season, and there will be five guests this year.

I talked to my radiation oncologist today. I’ve been reading about these new “full-body scanners” that are being put in airports. Most folks seem to be concerned about privacy issues, but I’m more concerned about the radiation accumulation. Since John and I have both had radiation treatments, we’ve already had more than our share. And, frankly, I don’t want any more that’s not medically necessary. I called the doc to see if I should refuse the scan and opt for the “pat-down” instead. What I got from him was that if we were much younger, it might be an issue. The dangers from accumulation of radiation don’t show up for many years, and presumably, that’s not a problem for folks in their mid70s. He ended by saying that he’d flown a lot this year, but hadn’t seen one of those scanners yet - so they might decide not to use them after all. I’m still going to think about it when and if the time arises (we have flights scheduled in February and April).
==================================
We love to take photos of waterfalls - this is Godafoss Waterfall in Iceland.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: