Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Almost 2" of rain!

In a rash moment, I decided to go to CostCo this morning. Unfortunately, it started to rain buckets and buckets. The trip isn’t far - only about 15-20 minutes usually, and mostly interstate. It was not fun driving. I filled the gas tank, then had to wait a few minutes for the store to open. I got a cart-full, including some stuff for this weekend and for the company on Thnx weekend.

When I can out of the store, it was raining even harder. Everything got wet while I was putting it in the trunk, and the drive home was really awful. I pulled off at an exit once for about 5 minutes, and it did slack up a little bit. Of course, it has mostly stopped by the time I got home, and within an hour, the sun had come out. But I had to put my mesh grocery bags out on the porch to dry after unloading them. All in all, we got nearly 2” of rain yesterday and today.

The bandage fell off my finger today (after all the rainy activity), so I can let the cut get some good old air-healing (always the best kind). As of right now, I think I’ll probably stay out of swimming again tomorrow, just to give it time to get a good scab on it. It’s still pretty much open right now.
=================================
Akureyri from the dock (the church with the stained glass windows in the center) and from across the fjord (Le Boreal at the dock. FYI, Akureyri is pronounced (sort-of) Aak - yoo - reh - ree


 

 

Posted by Picasa

No comments: