Tuesday, November 02, 2010

First trip to Costco

It hasn’t started raining here yet - not due until tomorrow - with a temps around freezing over the weekend. Not too good for the big rowing regatta being held here this weekend (The Head of the Hooch).

After a late lunch, I snoozed a bit in my chair - to the point that the chicken bones that I had put on to simmer simmered themselves dry. Didn’t burn so bad that I had to throw out the pain - it has just started popping, and that was what woke me up.

My day started with a trip to the Theater Center - where the Friends of the Library Annual Meeting is to be held a week from Friday. I’m head of the committee for this, and I’m starting to stress out. I wanted to make a last-minute check of the space. The woman at the CTC who is in charge of events is very helpful, so that makes me feel better. A friend is setting up equipment to do the speaker’s power point presentation and he is truly a blessing. I’ll have to something really special for him, besides buying his lunch.

Then John and I went to Costco. He got gas for his car ($2.47/gal), and we walked most of the store. We didn’t get as much as I thought we would, but did stock up on a few things. I have a good bit of storage space in my pantry, as well as the garage, but I didn’t overload. I did spot some things that I’ll be buying there as I need replacements. I also got some fresh fish (cooked some for supper tonight) and some steaks to have one tomorrow and freeze the rest.

We’ll surely head in that direction when we’re due to have company (like Thanksgiving). And we definitely need to make a trip before we head to the beach. There were a few things on my list that I didn’t see - probably just missed them - so I will be going to Walmart tomorrow. We didn’t go through the non-food parts of the store. My legs and feet surely were aching by the time we got home.

From this one experience, I’d guess that Costco is going to be a once-a-month type trip.
--------------------------------
I'll talk about the elections tomorrow when there are more results. The only one I've seen so far that I liked was the Senate race in Delaware - O'Donnell lost big.
===================================
This photo was taken from the boat as we cruised along the coast. Iceland is definitely volcanic - extinct and active.

 

Posted by Picasa

No comments: