Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Half-day

I had a busy morning, even though I slept until 7:30 (late for me). Picked up a book at the library, picked up some cleaning, got my car inspected, went to Walmart and picked up a couple of on-sale tops before getting a much-needed pedicure. One of our swimmers recommended going there, so I gave it a try. The salon is owned by a Vietnamese couple, and the man did mine - very acceptable, so I might go back. One of the beauty schools in town has also been recommended - might give that a try, too.

So many people have diabetes now. A lady who was on the TV program before me yesterday was with the Diabetes Association. She said that TN is the worst state in the nation for diabetes. She said that now 1 in 10 people have diabetes, but that by 2020, they're predicting that it will be 1 in 3! Those are terrible statistics. And that, although there are certainly genetic predispositions, a lot of the cause is due to lack of exercise, poor diet, and obesity. Pretty scary.

There are still too many leaves on our trees for John to do very much leaf-blowing. But he did clear off the front sidewalk and the deck. The acorns on the sidewalk were so thick, it really was difficult to walk on.
=========================================
This is a lovely little church in Akureyri, Iceland.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: