Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, John!

It started raining just after I got home from bridge, and it‘s been raining almost steadily since - up to over an inch now.

I was back to my usual cards today - but then nobody else seemed to have much in the way of good cards either. Seems like everybody had good ones last week. I didn’t even come in first last week (I was second) - the top player had about 500 more points than I did. Oh, well…

There’s been a lot of mystery around here about a new facility that’s coming to our big industrial park - where the new Volkswagen assembly plant is located. It was announced on the news tonight that the hot rumor is that it will be an Amazon distribution center. That’s exciting - more jobs for our area!

John stayed at home all day, mostly in the chair, napping. He said he did finally take a shower, shave, and change clothes - and does feel some better now. He was really miserable for a while. What a way to spend your birthday!

Happy Birthday, my Love!
=====================================
These puffins are on the Isle of Grimsey, at the Arctic Circle. Can you see that the little guy at right front has a mouthful of fish?

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: