Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Storms and the Queen

I got an injection in my knee today. It already feels better - but that's probably the novocaine they use in the mix. I'm supposed to be a "couch potato" for two days. I guess I can manage that. The doc said I could go to swimming on Friday

We were under a wind advisory and tornado watch today. I was "chatting" with Jean as it went through Nashville, with lots of wind and rain. But it was VERY fast, and by the time we signed off, she said the sun was shining. It was very windy here, too. About midafternoon it got very dark, then wind blew even harder, and the rain was incredible. The weather guy said that in places there was 0.5" in 10 minutes. That's about what we had here. And about 20 minutes after the rain started, there were blue skies, and the sun was shining. Ah, springime!

The Delta Queen was due to dock downtown today about 1 p.m. I'm sure it wasn't easy with all the wind. If you haven't read, the Delta Queen has been removed from passenger/overnight travel. It's to be docked temporarily at a downtown park in Chattanooga to be used as a floating hotel. This is a google photo of the Delta Queen.

 

No comments: