Thursday, February 19, 2009

DAMN!!

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!! I can't believe the 8-year-old washing machine has died. The repairman was here about 9, and performed the last rites. I certainly intended that machine to be my last washer. But, alas, we had to start shopping for another one this afternoon. And we all know how much I detest shopping for anything. In a perfect world, a new one would be installed in the utility room in less than week without my having to do anything but pay for it. Sighhhhhhhhhh

At lunch, we were reminded that there is a new scratched-and-dented appliance store here, so we'll be checking there, as well as Sears and Lowe's.

John and I both worked at the Library book sale. The work wasn't too bad - got to be with some nice folks, and see lots of people we knew. It's great to see so many people reading so many different kinds of books. Before we went home, we checked out the damaged appliance store - a good place to start and at least get an idea of what's available.

We finished off the evening at a concert by the UTC Symphony Band. Different music from what we'd expect at the Chattanooga Symphony, but still good musicians and enjoyable music. Also free!

The Lady Vols had another disastrous night, loving to Kentucky. Sarah got me to answer the "25 things..." on Facebook. And the evening was capped off by watching My Fair Lady.

I really, REALLY hate having to get a new washing machine!

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: