Thursday, February 26, 2009

Catch-up Thursday

Thursday is my catch-up (or do-nothing) day. I got the newspaper read and some computer stuff done. Then it was off to the regular Thursday lunch. John's still miserable, so he skipped today (he really IS sick). But he was saving himself for Jesse.

Jesse was heading back to his posting in Norfolk. He reports back in on Tuesday. But he's going to go to Charleston for a couple of days. And he's spending tonight with Matt & Amanda tonight. We met him at a Waffle House for breakfast (Jesse), lunch (John), and second lunch(me) - but mainly just to get in some extra hugs. I just had a small bowl of soup for supper to atone for the extra meal.

My Kindle still hasn't come. Amazon said 2 March, and I guess they're going to keep to that. Even though they sent an e-mail last weekend that it had been mailed, and it's been in Atlanta since Tuesday. John's new computer is scheduled for delivery on 6 March. We're both pretty impatient to get our new toys.

The Lady Vols lost to LSU tonight. They were really awful in the first half, but managed to come back to a tie near the end of the game. LSU held on to win by a couple of points.

Area high temperatures today were near 70 - and snow is predicted for Sunday. I keep reminding myself that the Great Blizzard of 1993 was on 13 March. I don't consider it spring until after that. We won't be going to Charleston for the SoCon Tournament this year (it's here in Chattanooga), but this is what we saw last year at this time.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: