Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lazy Thursday

Are you believing that the woman who had the octuplets now has a website that asks people for donations to raise her 14 children?!? No THAT's chutzpah!

I saw the PA in my oncology surgeon's office today for my annual check. Everything looks good, and I don't have to go back for another year. HOORAY!

Have y'all read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? I'm almost through with it, and it's a delightful read. Be sure to get hold of it. Thanks, Anne, for the push to get it.

Margaret and John went to Knoxville to see the Lady Vols win over Alabama. That plus our regular lunch was about it for the day. I'm still doing the "couch potato" as ordered by the rheumatologist. The good part of that is that the knee is feeling pretty good.

This is another of the sunset photos from last weekend.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sian said...

mmm - tried posting this before but it got spat back at me! If at first.....

Excellent news from the Doctors Office - YES!!

I'd not heard of the book "The Guernsey Literary...." etc but just looked it up on Amazon. I'll add it to my list. My sister has lived on Guernsey for about 30 years so it's a place I know well together with some of it's history.

As for the woman who had octuplets - it made the main news here too. I felt sorry for her poor mother who seemed to have main responsibility caring for the woman's OTHER children - six was it? I hear the fertility clinic is under investigation - quite right too!

Mary Z said...

Sian, that happened to me, too, on Bill Dahn's blog yesterday, but OK next time. ???

I'll be interested in your take on the book, and that of your sister. I haven't finished the book yet, but I'm already wanting to visit there.