Friday, February 27, 2009

Arrivals

1. Allan arrived about noon. He'll be here for a week, beating the bushes for clients. He's out this evening with some possibilities, and his week is pretty much booked up. We're supposed to be going out to dinner with him two nights. The more the better!

2. My Kindle arrived in the mail this afternoon. I had just checked the shipping progress site on Amazon, and it said it was still in Atlanta. Oh, well. I don't care - it's finally HERE! It measures 5 x 8 x 1/3" and is very light. I've ordered a case to keep it protected when I'm toting it around. Mostly, I've been reading the manual, and enjoying the possibilities. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't have 84 Charing Cross Road, which was going to be my first purchase. I did order a sample of Jon Meacham's new book about Andrew Jackson, and I'm coming up with several other possibilities.

3. John's cold arrived in my throat and nose. DAMN! I was really hoping I'd manage to miss this one, but it was not to be. I've started on Zi-Cam and coricidin to try to keep it as light as possible. Hope springs eternal.

Definitely an eventful day.

No comments: