Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday mish-mash

Kate is still without power, and probably will be for a while longer. They'll stay here over the weekend - coming down for Jesse's party. She said if they haven't gotten power by then, she'd be bringing "two metric shitloads of laundry" to do. We're still laughing about that one.

The cards weren't too bad today - nothing spectacular. It was snowing when we left the house, but there was sunshine by the time we came home. It's been in the mid30s all day today.

Have I mentioned that I realized the sheets I'd had on the twin beds dated back to when the girls were at home? That's over 30 years ago! The beds don't get much use any more, so the sheets are in pretty good condition, but still... So I got new sheets and comforters today, got them washed, and put on the beds. They'll be surprised when they come to visit - unless they read about it here.

I got a letter from the hospital that my mammogram looked okay. Now I see the surgeon for followup next week.

I'm thinking about asking for a Kindle for my birthday. That's the electronic reading device from Amazon. A friend has one and just loves it. Maybe she'll let me borrow it for a couple of days for a trial run. They're pretty expensive, and I'd hate to get one and then find out I didn't use it. My hands have really been bothering me lately, and I can't hold a book open very long.

Basketball news: the Lady Mocs beat Elon, and the Lady Vols lost to Oklahoma (stalling Pat Summit at 999 career wins). I do hope she wins that one on Thursday, at home in Knoxville, with John and Margaret in attendance.

Today's photo is a google picture of a Kindle.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: