Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The morning drive

My drive to the Gallery this morning turned into one big photo op. I had taken my camera in the hope that I could catch a quick photo of the Delta Queen. We're in the early voting period for our mayoral and city council election, so that was my first stop.


As I was leaving the Election Commission office, I could see the storage units at the industrial park across the way. I've been wanting to get some photographs of them for a long time - and here was my chance. As I drove in that direction, I saw a bunch of Canada geese on the grassy roadsides, so I had to stop and "catch" them.


Then I pulled off the road and got out of the car to take the photos of the storage tanks that I wanted.



Fortunately there was nobody behind me as I drove on Riverfront Parkway, so I could just stop on the road and get a photo of the Delta Queen through the lowered window.


With our warming spell, the ornamental flowering plum trees along the Parkway have started to bloom. They were beautifully lined up, back-lit, with the dark background of Cameron Hill. I couldn't have gotten a better angle than that.


And then when I finally got to the Gallery, it was to find the outside sign finally up on the side of the building.


What a great drive this morning!

No comments: