Thursday, October 23, 2008

Welcome and congratulations!

It's hard to believe, but I actually slept until 8:45 this morning. John got up and out - I heard him, but went right back to sleep. I love it!!!

Lunch and haircuts made our usual Thursday. I checked out the new seafood store. The owner is going to try to get us some blue crabs. He didn't offer a lot of hope for success, but at least it's a try. The seafood he had in the store today looked nice - and I'm sure I'll be getting some goodies there.

There was a wonderful story on our local news today. Over 100 folks were granted US citizenship today in Chattanooga. I always get goosebumps when they show the rooms full of people raising their hands to swear to be good citizens of this great country. And for them to be honoring us this way, just in time to vote in the presidential election, is especially significant. Congratulations and welcome to all our new citizens!

This google picture is following a citizenship ceremony in Los Angeles.

No comments: