Friday, October 17, 2008

Not just a right, but an obligation!

I voted today - no lines when I went. I've voted in every possible election since I turned 21, and I get choked up every single time. What a wonderful act we're able to perform. And, in my humble opinion, voting is not just a privilege - it's an obligation! We owe it to our country, to our communities, to our neighbors, to our families, and to ourselves to get off our butts and vote!

The cortisone shot did seem to help my knee. It still feels a little bit stiff, but I'm not having any pain. And I really am being good about staying off of it. I spent some time at the Gallery today, but I mostly sat with my leg up on a chair, and an ice pack on the knee.

Sue and Randy are on one of the last cruises of the Delta Queen. This trip on the paddle wheel boat is going from Nashville, down the Cumberlad River to the Ohio River - then up the Ohio to Cincinnati. They're getting some gorgeous weather. We're finally getting some fall weather here. The high today was 68, and it's supposed to be in the 40s tonight. My kind of weather!


No comments: