Thursday, October 30, 2008

Miscellany #2

This morning got off to an running start. I slept a bit late, had some breakfast, then settled into the chair to read the paper. About that time, John reminded me that I had a pedicure appointment in less than 20 minutes. I wouldn't have thought that I could slosh some mouthwash, get dressed, and get the 5 miles to the nail salon and not be late. Whew! I hope I don't do that again.

After our lunch bunch, we visited a friend who had a hip replacement last week. She's doing great, has already started her PT, and is raring to get back into the swing of things. What amazing things are happening in medicine now.

We're starting to get information about holiday scheduling. All these scattered folks seem to get plans made for gatherings. It's always fun!

Today was the last day for early voting in Tennessee. There have been record numbers of voters across the state, and lines have been long. They started lining up an hour before opening at the Election Commission office this morning, and had a line about that long at closing time, 12 hours later. And they're predicting more record turnout on Election Day.

Kate sent this youtube video link. It's a good one - check it out.

No comments: