Thursday, October 16, 2008

Knees

I got to sleep in a little bit this morning - always a treat. I called the rheumatologist's office to see if I could get in earlier than December for my scheduled appointment - just to get my knee looked at. The nurse told me to come in this afternoon for a cortisone injection. YEA!!! So I did.

The instructions for that include being a "couch potato" for two days. (Nasty John says he knows that will be SO hard for me.) So we cancelled going to the Photo Society tonight, and I'll go to the Gallery only for a couple of hours (sitting) tomorrow, and I'll have to skip the artist's opening tomorrow night. I had in mind to cast my early vote tomorrow. I'll go by the Election Commission to check, but if the line is too long, I'll wait until next week.

We tried to get our flu shots after our Thursday lunch, but it wasn't meant to be. I misread which CVS drugstore was giving the shots, and the "doc-in-the-box" won't be starting giving shots for another week. Oh, well - I guess one shot a day is enough. And I'd rather have the cortisone injection.

I've been taking some pain medicine, sitting in the recliner, and keeping an ice pack on it. So far, no real discomfort from it. I hope it works for the knee pain.

The dogwoods have started to change colors - just our first taste of fall color. Here's a photo taken on our RiverExplorer trip last fall. We're looking forward to seeing the array this year.


No comments: