Thursday, May 10, 2007



Thursday = Wal-Mart. I do, I do, I DO love grocery shopping!. Yuck! Oh, well - at least I've gotten it down to once a week.

Today was another gorgeous day. John had a fantastic row. Temperature in the upper 80s, and very low humidity ( @25%). We'd kill for weather like this in July and August. As long as the a/c works, I can handle it. Yesterday, though, when I went out to see how John was doing with replacing the mailbox, the pollen and leaf mold really got me coughing and sneezing. I do wish we'd get a little bit of rain, just to settle the dust.

We asked our mail carrier if she had noticed the damage to the mailbox when she delivered the mail yesterday. She didn't work Wednesday, but is going to check with her substitute to see if she remembers anything. John says there was white paint transfer on the box. C'est la vie!

Public Radio has an on-going series called "This I Believe". These are short pieces by famous and non-famous people talking about what is important to them. Sue (whose youngest is graduating from a rural South Carolina high school) sent a link to a transcription of one of these done by a young man. It's worth reading. Here's the link. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10003803&sc=emaf

The devastation from the tornado last week in Greensburg, KS, was all-but-complete. Here is a link to a slide show that Margaret sent.
http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/050507tornadoaerials/ People lost everything, and eight people were killed. It's hard to believe that everyone in this small town wasn't killed. I understand that there was about a 20-minute warning, so the people had time to take shelter.

Today's picture is another picture from the Butterfly Garden at the Tennessee Aquarium.

No comments: