Saturday, May 05, 2007

Painting, Photographs, and Politics




We finally got some rain overnight - about 1.25". That's great, but it doesn't do too much to help our 10" deficit for the year.
John and I went to Studio 2 to take some photographs of the paintings I've done in the last week or so. He does a much better job than I do with that. When we left there, we went to the Chattanooga Food Bank's spring plant sale. I wanted to put some herbs in the raised bed in the front yard. All I had before except one parsley had died out. I got basil, thyme, parsley, rosemary, and one plant of mountain red poppies. I hope they will all survive and spread. I do love to go out and get fresh herbs to cook with (John calls them "grass clippings").

We watched the DVD of "The Full Monty" tonight. We'd seen it before, and it's just as good and funny as it was the first time.

Now I'm watching Tim Russert interview Lee Iacocca about his new book. Iacocca really takes the current administration to task. I totally agree with him when he says that curiosity and creativity are two of the most important characteristics that a leader can have (AMEN to that!), and that our current president lacks both of them.
Today's pictures are a photograph that I took in Colorado last month. I knew it was something I would paint - I am continually drawn to that composition. Yesterday, I painted the watercolor based on that scene. It's a 10x10" watercolor.

No comments: