Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Make an appointment for your mammogram today!



I wanted to honor our veterans, active duty military, and reserves yesterday, so I didn't want to get into politics. In fact, I probably shouldn't even do that today. I get so angry just thinking about what this administration has done to us, to those brave souls who volunteer to put themselves in harm's way to protect us. And to the way they have destroyed the reputation and honor of the United States throughout the world. I can only hope that W doesn't put even more of our young men and women into harm's way before he is out of office. It can't come soon enough for me!

I hate that "they" have tried to make "liberal" a dirty word. I'm proud to say that I'm a liberal! I hate that the current administration has demonized anyone who disagrees with them. This country was founded to make dissent not only possible and legal, but desirable. Those in power now say, in effect, "If you disagree with me, you're not only dead wrong, but you're a traitor and you're going to hell!" This is a terrible thing to be teaching our children.

The youngest of our six grandchildren has just graduated from high school. These are six of the finest young people you'd ever hope to meet. And I'm proud to say that I'd gladly put my life in any of their hands.

To completely change the subject, another dear friend has had a mass found on her annual mammogram. It's small, cannot be felt on manual exam, and was not seen on last year's mammogram. She has an appointment with a surgeon and will be taking the necessary next steps. Damn, I do hate this disease!

Today's picture is of another hibiscus on Margaret's deck.

No comments: