Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It's not summer yet, but it got up to 90 degrees here. I do, I do, I DO appreciate air conditioning.

Tuesday is a watercolor day at Vicki's Studio 2. I took some iris that had bloomed in the yard, and the students had a good time painting the lovely flowers. Iris are SO satisfying - on all levels. We ran late, everybody talking and working. Judy M. reminded me that the new penguin exhibit at the Aquarium was open for members today.

John and I went downtown this afternoon, and the Aquarium was fairly crowded. We had thought this was one of the Members-Only things - but that wasn't so. Oh, well.... Certainly everybody wanted to see the new penguins. And it's amazing how many small children there are, whose parents brought them to the Aquarium today. It was very hard to get any photos of the penguins. But I enjoy getting photos of the kids looking, too. We'll go back some other time, when the "new" has worn off to try for some penguin portraits.

We went to Blue Orleans for dinner on the way home. We didn't exactly what we had planned - we got a seafood platter for two. And it was all fried. It was very good - but next time, we'll go with the red beans and rice, or the andouille gumbo.

Has anybody else watched The Mormons on PBS last night and tonight? It was interesting to learn about them, but I'm not ready to convert.

Today's picture is obviously of some of Chattanooga's newest residents - some gentoo and macaroni penguins at the Tennessee Aquarium.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: