Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Here's John and me in Scotland last year. This is what he looks like without glasses or moustache.

Vicki and I both got to paint today. None of her Wednesday oil/acrylic students showed up today, so it was just the two of us. She finished one painting, and did some "renovations" on an old one. I added some acrylic to a couple of my "starts". I had thought about adding face on top of one of my darker starts, and think I may have gotten something worth saving. We'll see how I feel about it on Friday.

Another day near 90. It is supposed to be somewhat cooler the rest of the week. I poached a salmon for dinner, and it was SO good. John's especially looking forward to the chowder I make out of the leftovers.

John got an e-mail (through me and found through Zelle's World!) from another Zelle looking to see if possible they were related and might have some common relatives. It turns out they probably are. His great-grandfather may be John's great-uncle. Both families go back to Central Illinois. I think they're going to have fun investigating.

Have a great evening, folks!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture, but it looks like you're standing in front of a mural - too pretty to look real.

K

Mary Z said...

K - it does look like a mural, doesn't it - but it was gloriously real. The mountains are the Five Sisters in the Highlands of Scotland. MZ