Monday, May 14, 2007

Quieter Monday


We did have a busy weekend, so getting back to a "normal" Monday felt pretty good. Swimming and coffee always starts the day off well.

John had his first post-radiation appointment with the urologist. To his surprise, it only involved a urinalysis, and a return appointment in 8 months (can you believe that's January 2008?). He is doing well, and is almost back to what he laughingly calls normal.

A friend has had a recurrence of breast cancer, and is going to Atlanta tomorrow to see about getting into a new protocol for her situation. I had made her an soft, snuggly afghan and wanted her to have it to take with her, so we took it over to her this morning. She has a wonderful attitude and her usual great smile. We've all got our fingers crossed for her and are holding her close.

Cards were better today at bridge. As bad as they were last week, I didn't even come in last - I was next-to-last. Out of 20 players. We had five tables again today, and I probably came in in the middle - but that's surely better than before. One round, the lovely lady to my left was the declarer, and had an 8-card club suit. I was SO impressed - and said, I NEVER get an 8-card suit, and don't know what I'd do with one. Well, the VERY next hand, I had EIGHT clubs - to the 10!!!! And that was the high card in the hand. I just laughed and laughed. No wonder we keep playing this silly game.

Today's picture is of Matt and Amanda, taken about a year ago.

No comments: