Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Routines


Routines are comfortable - most of the time. At least as long as we know we can escape from them from time to time.


Today was pretty much a routine Tuesday. Sleep a little bit later. Get to read the paper before I leave for the day. I'm working on an afghan, and needed to get some more yarn from Hobby Lobby. Then to Vicki's for the Tuesday watercolor class. The folks there are so great - it's such a treat to have found a home-away-from-home at Studio 2 and to have painting in my life.


I know John feels the same way about rowing. And he had a just-about-perfect morning to row this morning. We really need rain, but the warm temps and low humidity are wonderful. I know we'll wish we had something like this come July and August.


We had eye exams this afternoon. No obvious problems. I surely am glad that the herpetic eye infection has stayed quiet for such a long time. The doc was reluctant to start me on the anti-viral medicine when he did 4-5 years ago. But it surely is working for me.


We made reservations for another Riverbarge Excursion trip. This one will be in November - and starts and ends in Nashville. It goes down the Cumberland River to the Barkley Canal (just before the Ohio), then up the Tennessee River as far as Florence, AL. It returns to Nashville by the same route. These are such great trips. I love it when we find a travel company that we can recommend wholeheartedly, and want to patronize again. We feel the same way about Untours.


Today's picture was taken on Pass Creek Road, CO, after an overnight spring snowfall.

No comments: