Friday, May 11, 2007



Swimming, coffee, painting - a usual Friday morning. It was hot again, but the humididty is rising. By late afternoon, we could hear thunder, and radar showed showers all around us. Nary a drop fell at this house.
We talked to the mail carrier again this afternoon. The delivery person on Wednesday didn't notice anything unusual about our mailbox when she put the mail in the box, so it must've been hit shortly after that. We probably won't ever know anything about the incident.

Today is a day for quoting others, who have said things much better than I could. First is a link to a blog, Funny The World, Bev Sykes entry for today (11 May 2007). As she says, "Where's the outrage?" http://www.funnytheworld.com/2007/May/11.htm

Next is a link to Bill Moyers' opening essay from his "Journal" this evening. The link here is to the transcript for tonight's program. I'd direct you specifically to the first section.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/05112007/transcript1.html

Today's picture is one last photo from the Butterfly Garden at the Tennessee Aquarium.

2 comments:

Sandy Davidson said...

I enjoyed "Wheres the Outrage" by Bev (added her to my list of "blogs")....

And thinking of poor Harry just makes me cry...

As the "outrage" bubbles up within my soul.

Mary Z said...

Hi Dapph - Glad I could lead you to Bev's blog. I "see" her lots of places on SeniorNet, and followed to her blog. I read it daily. You'll enjoy it, too.

MZ