Sunday, February 07, 2016

Strange day



It's been a strange day.  I got up, got dressed, and took the laundry up to get  started.  Then I had a good breakfast in the dining room.  It was a good time to do laundry, get a good breakfast, and get some newspaper read.  I got finished just in time for Sunday Morning to start.  And that's when it started… 

Comcast wasn't working.  C'mon - seriously?  I fiddled with the on/off buttons.  I unplugged and replugged the control box.  Then I checked the internet.  Nothing there, either.  So then it was on the phone with Comcast.  The recording told me they would take over and reset it and that it would take about 30 minutes.  If it wasn't back on by then, I should call them back.  It wasn't, and I did.  That's when I got a real person. 

So with the person, I unplugged and replugged again.  Nothing.  I turned the power strip off and on - twice.  Nothing.  So they set me up with an appointment for 8 a.m. tomorrow.  Well, that'll make for a fun day.  I did get the iPad and ultimately the laptop hooked up to the Terrace WiFi, so it wasn't a total loss. 

About 2, I clicked on the TV, just to see what would happen.  And - it was working!  What??  The internet wasn't, though.  But by suppertime, even the internet was up and running.  I waited a while to be sure, but then I cancelled the service call.  Hope springs eternal. 

Oh, yes - something else WAS going on.  Congratulations to the Denver Broncos, and our very own Peyton Manning

No comments: