Tuesday, September 08, 2015

A busy day

Alison and I got more stuff done today. I met with the attorney this morning. He looked over the papers we had (as beautifully organized by Margaret and Alison), and told us, the estate will have to go through probate. No big glitches - just the way it is.

When we got home, I called The Terrace and told them I wanted to reserve the apartment we looked at last week. When Jean gets here tomorrow, we’ll go over to pay the deposit and let her look at it. Click here to see their web page.

The one I'm getting is a 2-bedroom apartment. I'd probably rather have a 1-BR suite, but this is what was available, and the bathroom made it perfect for me. A previous tenant had modified the two bathrooms, combining the bathtub in one with the shower area of the other, making the two bathrooms into 1.5 baths, one with a double-sized fully tiled walk-in shower - actually wheelchair accessible. I don't need that, but certainly love the idea of the big walk-in shower.

Alison's husband, Joe, drove down from Annapolis today. They'll drive back probably on Thursday. She has been such a great help.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a lot to deal with. I'm happy you have so much support, though. You're often in my thoughts and always near to my heart. Holding you close...

Bev Sykes said...

Did you have a trust, Mary? We paid up front so we would NOT have to go through probate v