Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Stealing


The 20Q Meme

1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you?
        It depends on the card and the person to whom it’s for. Sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes both.
2. What's your favorite kind of cake?

       Cakes are not my favorite - I’d prefer ice cream or pie. But I do love a good pound cake.
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them?

       I don’t give many gifts nowadays, but I frequently make them.
4. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?

       Before the end of your term, are you going to try to get more of the things you promised in the first campaign?
5. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?

      Pop-up ads. Our e-mail server is pretty good about blocking spam before we see it.
6. What was the best party you've ever been to?

      The best one I remember was my 75th birthday party that the swimming group had for me. I loved the 75” long birthday cake.
7. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?

      Definitely too loud is worse.
8. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second?

       Since I didn’t have anything before, I’d probably take the chance on the $500.
9. Do you wish cellphone etiquette was a required class upon purchasing one?

       Absolutely! Although it probably wouldn’t do any good.
10. What's the most messed up food combination that you've had that was actually good?

       I can’t think of one right now.
11. What's one of your most random pet peeves (something that annoys you)?

       Bad grammar, especially by professionals who should know better.
12. When is the last time you had home cooking?

      Tonight for supper - crab cakes. Yum!
13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would you choose?

       Other than getting beaten up, I’d like to be Anna Pigeon in the Nevada Barr books set in all the National Parks.
14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose?

        Maybe Cheers or Frazier. I don’t watch any of the current sitcoms.
15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, what would it be?

       I do sloth pretty well, but I might like to be a dolphin, intelligent and water-loving.
16. What's your favorite girl's name?

       We gave my favorite names to our daughters (Lydia, Susan, Margaret, Elizabeth, Katherine, Ann, Jean, Marie)
17. What's your favorite boy's name?

      Paul.
18. What's your supermarket of choice?

      WalMart, Aldi.
19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?

       A 78-yearold woman - I don’t like costume parties.
20. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies
?
       I don’t ever buy anything at the concession stand, but it must obviously have popcorn.

No comments: