Saturday, March 29, 2014

Another good day


It was chilly and rainy most of the day - the kind of day most conducive to doing absolutely nothing. That was John’s goal for the day, and he accomplished that (mostly).

I had a goal, too, which actually involved doing something that might even be construed as (gasp) cleaning. I had found a pattern for a shawl to be knitted from left-over sock yarn. Heaven knows I have lots and lots of that, but…..

Of course, the little balls of stuff are scattered all throughout my knitting stuff, which has filled up the cabinets near my chair, and filled up boxes in the corner behind my chair. So gathering up all those little balls involved actually cleaning out that area.

It was amazing what all I found. Several stashes of yarn that are enough to make some things (don’t know what, but I’ll figure it out). Lots of odds and ends - enough to fill almost three garbage bags to take to the Northside Neighborhood House. A huge wad of dust and dead bugs underneath all the boxes, necessitating a visit from the hand-held vac. And not only the little balls of left-over sock yarn, but yarn for about six new pairs of socks.

So I guess I’ll be starting on the new shawl. And there is now some empty space in the corner beside my chair.

To finish off the day, we had dinner at Noodle & Pho with Carol and Stephen.

No comments: