Friday, March 14, 2014

A good laugh is a wonderful thing, and some random thoughts


This evening, we watched the rerun (13 March 2014) episode of Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show. When he did the bit about Mitch McConnell’s TV commercial, I thought I would fall out of the chair. I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard. A good laugh is great! You can watch it HERE.
-----------------------------------------
Who started the thing with the dark gray uniforms in basketball and football - instead of the team colors? It’s a yucky color, with no character at all. I think some uniform company made bundles of money getting the teams to have new uniforms with this non-color. I hope the fad doesn’t last long.
-------------------------------------------
We’ll be out of town for a few days, so postings might be intermittent.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Our uniforms have changed a couple of times; I think Nike gives them a deal. However, when we fans don't like them, we are back to blue and white.

Incidentally, I think our women's team is the only team that doesn't put the players' names on the back. Coach prefers it that way.