Wednesday, March 12, 2014

It was just one of those days....



Jesse and his buddy didn't get here until after midnight last night/this morning. Then we sat up and talked, plus they took showers, so we got to bed about 2 a.m. John and I were up about 8, and the guys not too long after that (when I started cooking bacon).

It seems that last night, somewhere near Benton, TN, Jesse's bike had some major problems. He tried to fix it, but finally called a friend from here with a truck who picked up them and the bikes and brought them to Chattanooga. After talking things over this morning, Bobby (Jesse’s dad) drove here from their place about an hour west of here, bringing Jesse’s old truck and a trailer. Then Jesse and his buddy could drive back to Norfolk towing the trailer with the bikes. And John would take Bobby back home.

In the event, this did happen. But Bobby got lost twice getting to our house. He did finally get here, the boys got the truck and trailer, John took Bobby home, and John got back home. Of course, with 20:20 hindsight, he then thought of several things they could’ve done differently that would’ve made things easier, but it did get done. The boys are on their way back to Norfolk and I hope will let us know when they get there.

In the midst of this, I left to go have lunch with Vicki. She took me to a birthday lunch at a local tea room - great soup and tea sandwiches, and even dessert. She gave me a lovely new flamingo, and I gave her the traditional spring package of Peeps.

Then I went for my follow-up appointment with the orthopedist. It’s been six months since my last x-ray, and he had intimated that I might need a revision of the shoulder replacement. So I’ve been sort of antsy about it. What a disappointment. Turns out all his appointments for the week had been cancelled - he was out of town - except I hadn't been called. Phooey! Since I won't be here next week, my appointment is now for two weeks hence. Drat!

Other than the bright spots of visiting with Jesse and his friend, and having lunch with Vicki, it was a pretty crappy day.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lots of annoyance, but you did have bright spots. We take what we can get.