Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday storms, etc.

The worst of the weather is finished here. It didn't get as warm here as in other locations, so our weather wasn't as severe. We have had over 2" of rain today. I've heard that I-75 in Georgia, north of Atlanta, over 100 cars were overturned, and the road was closed for 10 miles. Wild stuff, but we were lucky here!

We had been given a gift card for Sticky Fingers (a terrific BBQ place), and planned to go there after my painting class today. It's near where my class is, and John came to meet me. We had a great lunch, and I was waiting for him to get out the card to pay for lunch. He was waiting for me. Turned out neither of us had brought the card. Oh, well - that just means we'll have to go back.


And we (me, John, the instructor, the class) have decided that my painting is finished. I’ll get the last bit of stuff done (final finish coat and signature). I don’t know that I’ll get it framed, but I’ll recommend that it be done with the four sections side-by-side. I’m pleased with it.

No comments: