Saturday, January 19, 2013

Too much excitement



More sunshine today, but not much excitement otherwise.

We did a scheduled defrosting of the freezer this morning. Over the last six months, things have come and gone from the freezer without my knowing what’s what. I do know that I need to some of my stockpile cooking things (chili, meat loaf, lasagna, split pea soup). And I had no idea if there was any left, or what ingredients I had. So now I know. And it’s time to make some lists and get some cooking done. Thanks to John for doing most of the work.

He also did the only other work of the day - making a trip to the recycle center.
=============================
This is the symbol of the town of Taormina. I don’t remember the significance of the design - sorry.


2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Now see, you can't just toss out a challenge like that! According to Google, "(Sicily is commonly represented by the three-legged trinacria, a symbol of the island's three 'corners'. The head at its centre is that of the Gorgon Medusa, whose hair was turned into snakes by the goddess Athene. The three legs denote the three coastlines of Sicily - considered as gorgeous as the legs of a beautiful woman. Dante, in Paradiso, refers to Sicily by its original name of Trinacria, calling it la bella Trinacria.)"

Mary Z said...

Thanks , babe! I should've done that.